We believe passionately that we are here to serve all who live in our parish, especially the vulnerable and those on the edges of society. To that end, our Church Hall hosts a variety of projects committed to working alongside the homeless, those involved in the sex trade, those with addictions, the unemployed and the young.
These organisations include :-
North London Action for The Homeless – nlah.org.uk
- running a twice-weekly drop-in centre for homeless people and for those in needy circumstances - Monday lunch: 12.00pm - 1.30pm, and Wednesdaysupper: 7.00pm -8.30pm
- We provide a free cooked three-course vegetarian meal consisting of thick soup, bread and butter, main course, dessert and tea or coffee. Visitors sit at six-seater tables which are laid with table-cloths, napkins, cutlery and crockery. The meals are served at the tables by volunteers.
Hackney Winter Night Shelter – hwns.org.uk
Open Doors Sexual Health Clinic
Narcotics Anonymous - ukna.org
- Narcotics Anonymous is a non-profit fellowship of men and women for whom drugs had become a major problem - Recovering addicts who meet regularly to help each other stay clean.
- Stoke Newington NA meets at St Paul’s on Thursday evenings from 8pm and Sunday evenings – women only – from 5:30pm
Growing Communities – growingcommunities.org
- Growing Communities bring Stoke Newington Farmers' Market to St Paul's every Saturday. You can find out more here.
Over 50’s Dance Group – contact Barbara on 0777 868 0069
- Reggae and Soca Dancing Nights in The Church Hall on 2-3 Friday evenings per month.
- Come along and dance the night away, exercising to rhythm and music!
West Hackney Parochial Charity – westhackneycharity.org.uk
Duckie.co.uk & The Posh Club -
- a charity covering the Parish of West Hackney as of 1823, which came about as the result of the amalgamation of 32 ancient individual charities, originally set up to benefit the residents of the ecclesiastical Parish of West Hackney.
- The Charity is managed by a group of Trustees drawn from the local area of whom The Rector and Church Wardens of St Paul’s are ex-officio trustees.
- The Trustees consider grant applications for purposes that come under the Charity's objects and current funding priorities which are: -
- Education & training opportunities for young people.
- To relieve individual or general need, hardship or distress
- The Posh Club is an event for swanky senior citizens, elegant elders and glamorous golden girls and boys.
- Cabaret sideshows include tap dancers, opera singers, comedians, london's finest flappers, acrobats, hula hoopers, black elvis, chinese elvis and white elvis, music hall starlets, soubrettes, ukelele bands, acapella troupes, impersonators and the finest ballet.
- The Posh Club meets from September 2017 from 12-3pm in St Paul's Church Hall - Contact Tracey on 07938 985644
- Enjoy our latest video featuring The Posh Club
We are also pleased to host:
Hackney Songworks Contact:
Martina Schwartz – 07940 572648, Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Every Tuesday 7.30-9p.m. Funky and uplifting songs from around the world, no need to read music as everything is taught by ear, all you need is a passion for singing.